Everyone has a toothbrush. Unfortunately, not every toothbrush is appropriate for people with braces.
Braces are hugely valuable in straightening misaligned teeth, contributing to healthy gums and teeth, and preventing jawbone erosion.
However, if you`re not careful, braces can host tons of bacteria that can ruin your teeth. To avoid dental issues like gum disease or cavities, it requires you to keep a keen eye on your braces and teeth. They require a toothbrush that is both gentle and blasts away plaque effectively.
Fortunate enough, there are plenty of Sonicare out there that execute the hard work to leave you with the cleanest mouth possible.
However, we want to focus on only the best and the most useful for better oral hygiene when wearing braces. Let`s get started.
|1. Waterpik WP-9500 Complete Care 7.0
|2. Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush
|3. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
|4. Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Toothbrush
|5. Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite Plus Electric Toothbrush
1. Waterpik WP-9500 Complete Care 7.0
It combines electrical brushing and flossing so that you can accomplish all of your brushing and flossing needs with one convenient device.
- Utilize a unique combination of water pressure and pulsation, that goes deep in between teeth, and below the gumline removing plaque, bacteria, and debris far much beyond places where traditional brushing and flossing cannot reach
- Sensonic Professional Plus Sonic Electric Toothbrush features an advance ergonomic handle
- Two-speed settings for maximum cleaning and gentle plaque removal
- A deluxe recharge indicator guide
- Two-minute brushing timer with the 30-second pacer
- The combination excellently suits people with braces, implants, crowns, bridges, and other dental works
- It is easy to use
- It works appropriately for people with sensitive teeth
- Features flossing operation
- It is a little more expensive
- It is hard to use it on the go
2. Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush
- Real-time feedback—which is accessible through the Oral B app that focuses brushing on most important areas, tracks your brushing habits over time, keeps you updated with crucial oral care tips, and senses when you brush too hard
- A powerful battery—when fully charged, the brush remains functional for up to 24 hours
- Utilize the high-tech materials like silicon and a Cross Action round brush head with perfectly angled bristles for precise clean
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates, which rotates and pulsate to break and get rid of plaque up to 100% than a regular manual toothbrush
- The brush is rechargeable with 6 different modes—Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, and Tongue Cleaner. It cut execute up to 800 brush movement per seconds.
- Features a special designing seal and gasket that keeps it water tolerant to 500 millibars of pressure
- Removes 300% more plaque along the gum line than a regular manual brush
- The brush is Amazon Dash Replenish Enabled, which automatically places an order for brush heads when it is time for replacement, so you never run out
- Has pressure-sensors
- The current motor speed might be a little aggressive to some users
- Take long to charge—up to 12 hours
3. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- First, it has a built-in pressure sensor that lets you know if your brushing too hard to help protect your teeth and gums
- Then, the brush head utilizes BrushSync technology that communicates with your toothbrush to automatically select the optimal mode and intensity. For instance, when you click on the Whitening mode, the brush will automatically switch to the correct brushing intensity for your gums. All you need is to press the power button
- What`s more, the brush has BrushSync, a utility that tracks how long you`ve been using your brush head, how hard you`ve been brushing, and when is the time to replace it. It lights on your handle to let you know. That way, you can be sure your brush head is always performing at its best
- Even more, the brush comes with a premium travel case that lets you store your electric toothbrush hygienically, and at the same time, the compact travel charger keeps you topped up while you`re on the go
- Long battery life
- Comes with a built-in time
- Has a pressure sensor
- Has 3 cleaning modes
- It does not have a rubber grip
- The brushing speed might a bit higher and upsetting
4. Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Toothbrush
Remove up to 10X more plaque and improves gum`s health up to 7x in 2 weeks, with this brush from Philips. The toothbrush is tremendously powerful and delivers up to 62000 brush movement/min—the highest Philips has ever produced.
Variety of toothbrush heads
Choose any from 3 different smart brush head types that automatically pair with the appropriate brushing mode to suit your oral need optimally.
Amazon Dash Replenishment
Automatically get toothbrush heads whenever they are worn out with this feature. The utility ensures you never run out of heads again.
- Have smart sensors that provide real-time feedback
- Comes with an intuitive app for coaching and tracking
- Comes with multiple cleaning modes
- Its battery has a long life span
- It one of the most expensive toothbrushes on the planet
- You´ll still need flossing even after using this toothbrush
For more info, check our detailed review of Philips Sonicare 9300 DiamondClean Smart Toothbrush
5. Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite Plus Electric Toothbrush
As its name, the brush whitens teeth to shades in two weeks.
- The HealthyWhite utilizes effective and unique sonic technology with dynamic fluid action to clean between teeth and along the gumline.
- What`s more, it comes with a quad pacer and a two-minute timer that helps ensure dental professional recommended brushing time
- It comes with an angled brush neck that makes it easy to reach the back teeth to ensure all-round clean and reach even the most stubborn plaque in difficult-to-reach areas.
- It comes with 3 intensity—Clean Mode, White Mode, and Sensitivity mode
- Has whitening feature
- The battery life is phenomenal
- It has no additional brush head
- Replacement brush heads are pricey
The above five are among the world`s best Sonicare for braces. But it doesn’t mean an entire list after all.
For instance, if you`re choosing a brush for a child, you should consider the entertainment factor along with cleaning effectiveness in your search.
Read this Review: Philips Sonicare Air-floss Review
If you`re choosing for yourself or the rest of the family, it should answer the questions about your lifestyle.