- Best Sonicare for Braces
- Choosing an Electric Toothbrush for Braces
- Which Is the Best Electric Toothbrush for Braces?
Everyone has a toothbrush. Unfortunately, not every toothbrush is appropriate for people with braces.
Braces are hugely valuable in straightening misaligned teeth, contributing to healthy gums and teeth, and preventing jawbone erosion.
However, if you`re not careful, braces can host tons of bacteria that can ruin your teeth. To avoid dental issues like gum disease or cavities, it requires you to keep a keen eye on your braces and teeth. They require a toothbrush that is both gentle and blasts away plaque effectively.
Fortunate enough, there are plenty of Sonicare out there that execute the hard work to leave you with the cleanest mouth possible.
However, we want to focus on only the best and the most useful for better oral hygiene when wearing braces. Let`s get started.
Best Sonicare for Braces
1. Waterpik WP-9500 Complete Care 7.0
While electrical brushing gets all the glory, Waterpik Complete Care offers a full suite of dental care.
It combines electrical brushing and flossing so that you can accomplish all of your brushing and flossing needs with one convenient device.
Just by looking at it, you can’t deny that it is one of the most interesting orthodontic appliances designed for home use.
As the name suggests, this device comes complete with one Pik Pocket tip, one ortho tip, one Plaque Seeker tip, and two classic jet tips.
If you’re having difficulty getting rid of plaque around your braces, use the orthodontic tip. It’s designed to be three times more effective than string flossing.
On the other hand, the Pik Pocket tip ensures you can rinse out food debris deep below the gum line, something you can’t achieve with manual brushing.
- Utilize a unique combination of water pressure and pulsation, that goes deep in between teeth, and below the gumline removing plaque, bacteria, and debris far much beyond places where traditional brushing and flossing cannot reach
- Sensonic Professional Plus Sonic Electric Toothbrush features an advance ergonomic handle
- Two-speed settings for maximum cleaning and gentle plaque removal
- A deluxe recharge indicator guide
- Two-minute brushing timer with the 30-second pacer
- The combination excellently suits people with braces, implants, crowns, bridges, and other dental works
- It is easy to use
- It works appropriately for people with sensitive teeth
- Features flossing operation
- It is a little more expensive
- It is hard to use it on the go
2. Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush
The second on the list is an electric toothbrush from Oral-B. This toothbrush utilizes sophisticated tech to present nearly all you need for every oral care.
The device connects to Oral B’s smartphone app via Bluetooth, helping you keep track of your oral health.
It stores up to six months’ worth of data and will show you graphs and charts of your brushing routine.
On top of these advanced features, it also offers practical dental health and oral health tips and rewards from Oral B.
- Real-time feedback—which is accessible through the Oral B app that focuses brushing on most important areas, tracks your brushing habits over time, keeps you updated with crucial oral care tips, and senses when you brush too hard
- A powerful battery—when fully charged, the brush remains functional for up to 24 hours
- Utilize the high-tech materials like silicon and a Cross Action round brush head with perfectly angled bristles for precise clean
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates, which rotates and pulsate to break and get rid of plaque up to 100% than a regular manual toothbrush
- The brush is rechargeable with 6 different modes—Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, and Tongue Cleaner. It cut execute up to 800 brush movement per seconds.
- Features a special designing seal and gasket that keeps it water tolerant to 500 millibars of pressure
- Removes 300% more plaque along the gum line than a regular manual brush
- The brush is Amazon Dash Replenish Enabled, which automatically places an order for brush heads when it is time for replacement, so you never run out
- Has pressure-sensors
- The current motor speed might be a little aggressive to some users
- Take long to charge—up to 12 hours
3. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
This is another electric toothbrush that comes with a unique sonic technology that cleans up plaque and gives you effective but gentle clean. It assures a healthy gum but does it gently.
The Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 aims to give you a personalized brushing experience by offering three modes: Clean, White, and Gum Care.
All in all, you will receive the ProtectiveClean 5100 handle, one brush head, the base charger, and a travel case where you can store everything for travel.
- First, it has a built-in pressure sensor that lets you know if your brushing too hard to help protect your teeth and gums
- Then, the brush head utilizes BrushSync technology that communicates with your toothbrush to automatically select the optimal mode and intensity. For instance, when you click on the Whitening mode, the brush will automatically switch to the correct brushing intensity for your gums. All you need is to press the power button
- What`s more, the brush has BrushSync, a utility that tracks how long you`ve been using your brush head, how hard you`ve been brushing, and when is the time to replace it. It lights on your handle to let you know. That way, you can be sure your brush head is always performing at its best
- Even more, the brush comes with a premium travel case that lets you store your electric toothbrush hygienically, and at the same time, the compact travel charger keeps you topped up while you`re on the go
- Long battery life
- Comes with a built-in time
- Has a pressure sensor
- Has 3 cleaning modes
- It does not have a rubber grip
- The brushing speed might a bit higher and upsetting
4. Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Toothbrush
Philips themselves says that this is the best toothbrush they have ever produced for exceptionally clean and complete care. And it isn`t just for the words. The brush delivers results.
Any Philips Sonicare handle with a click-on mechanism is the perfect fit for this brush head, which includes the ProtectiveClean and DiamondClean Smart.
Make sure you don’t use this toothbrush with toothpaste that contains essential oils. Otherwise, the bristles could get dislodged, and you’ll need to buy a new one.
- Remove up to 10X more plaque and improves gum`s health up to 7x in 2 weeks, with this brush from Philips. The toothbrush is tremendously powerful and delivers up to 62000 brush movement/min the highest Philips has ever produced.
- Choose any from 3 different smart brush head types that automatically pair with the appropriate brushing mode to suit your oral need optimally.
- Do you always forget to replace your toothbrush? Instead of marking your calendar every three months, you can rely on Sonicare’s BrushSync technology. When the reminder bristles start fading, that’s when you know to replace it.
- Automatically get toothbrush heads whenever they are worn out with this feature. The utility ensures you never run out of heads again.
- Have smart sensors that provide real-time feedback
- Comes with an intuitive app for coaching and tracking
- Comes with multiple cleaning modes
- Its battery has a long life span
- It one of the most expensive toothbrushes on the planet
- You´ll still need flossing even after using this toothbrush
5. Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite Plus Electric Toothbrush
If you are looking for a brush to remove plaque, this has many features that are appropriate in getting the work done.
As its name suggests, the Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite Plus is unlike your typical toothbrush. It whitens yellow teeth by up to two shades in two weeks.
- The HealthyWhite utilizes effective and unique sonic technology with dynamic fluid action to clean between teeth and along the gumline.
- What`s more, it comes with a quad pacer and a two-minute timer that helps ensure dental professional recommended brushing time
- It comes with an angled brush neck that makes it easy to reach the back teeth to ensure all-round clean and reach even the most stubborn plaque in difficult-to-reach areas.
- In total, you’d be able to choose from six modes, allowing you to achieve a personalized brushing experience. The Clean mode cleans every nook and cranny for two minutes, and you can set the intensity depending on your needs. Activate the White mode if you need polishing and brightening to target red wine, coffee, tea, and tobacco stains.
- Using Philip Sonicare’s DiamondClean brush head, you will notice whiter teeth in as quickly as two weeks. The diamond-shaped bristles effectively remove plaque buildup and ensure a deeper clean.
- It comes with 3 intensity—Clean Mode, White Mode, and Sensitivity mode
- Has whitening feature
- The battery life is phenomenal
- It has no additional brush head
- Replacement brush heads are pricey
Choosing an Electric Toothbrush for Braces
Maintaining teeth with braces is a challenging and time-consuming task. Good thing, you can employ different kinds of tools to help make the task more efficient.
On top of regular visits to the dentist, it would also help to invest in the best electric brush for teeth with braces.
To make sure you’re getting the right kind, here’s what you need to know about electric toothbrushes and braces.
Brush Head Compatibility
More often than not, your electric toothbrush will come with a detachable brush head. This way, you’ll only need to replace the head once the bristles have worn out.
In a way, your decision should primarily focus on how compatible the base is with an assortment of brush heads.
If it is, you will have more options when it comes time to replacing the head. Depending on your current needs, you can maybe try firm or soft bristles.
How the brush head moves and cleans the teeth varies from one electric toothbrush to another.
Electric toothbrush heads either rotate, oscillate, or oscillate and pulsate.
Advanced or higher-end models offer all of these brush settings in one device, making it easy to switch between each one to achieve the best results.
Like with anything else, what works for one may not work for you. In fact, one person can have varying needs when it comes to brushing.
With an electric toothbrush that offers different brush settings, you can customize the experience to your needs.
Some are designed to give you a deeper clean, while higher-end models focus on whitening and removing teeth stains.
Whether you brush too long or not long enough, a good electric toothbrush with a timer will let you know when to stop.
This way, you can be sure you are giving your teeth, tongue, and cheeks the deep cleaning they need.
Visible Pressure Sensor
Got sensitive teeth? Do you suffer from a gum infection?
In case you don’t know, brushing too hard exacerbates these conditions. Plus, it also causes your enamel to turn weak.
Look for an electric toothbrush with a pressure sensor that warns you when you’re brushing your teeth too hard.
This alert mechanism is beneficial for busy professionals, the elderly, and children.
With so many options today, it comes as no surprise that you will come across electric toothbrushes with smart features.
Among the most common is Bluetooth connectivity, letting you connect the device to a smartphone app.
In turn, you can easily keep track of your oral hygiene routine and get access to the best dental health practices.
Which Is the Best Electric Toothbrush for Braces?
The above five are among the world`s best Sonicare for braces. But it doesn’t mean an entire list after all.
For instance, if you`re choosing a brush for a child, you should consider the entertainment factor along with cleaning effectiveness in your search.
If you`re choosing for yourself or the rest of the family, it should answer the questions about your lifestyle.