Receding gums are incredibly common. In fact, about three-quarters of the adults have receding gums according to CDA. The symptoms entail swollen gums, pus-filled, bright red or purplish, or tender gums.
There are tons of causes of swollen gums, including aggressive over-brushing or over flossing, poor oral health, aging, dietary choices, genetics, etc.
The chances of gum disease significantly lower when plaque is removed and prevented from building up.
It is good to book an appointment with your dentist as soon as you think you might have receding gums. However, adopting some oral health routines can prevent further recession at home.
Regular flossing, brushing, and rinsing can help prevent further recession. The success of attaining healthy oral practice when having a gum problem stems from the type of toothbrush you use.
And for receding gums, an electric toothbrush is usually the best because most manual toothbrushes are hard or aggressive on the gum which might trigger gum recession instead of helping it.
So we`ll explore toothbrushes designed to gently but efficiently clean the surface of the teeth, remove plaque build-up without irritating, and some might have a special message or gum-care cleaning models.
Let`s get started.
|1. Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, HX6631||Check Price|
|2. Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush, WP-900||Check Price|
|3. Oral-B Genius X 10000 Electric Toothbrush||Check Price|
|4. GUM 516 Technique Sensitive Care Toothbrush- Full – Ultra Soft (3 Toothbrushes)||Check Price|
|5. Nimbus Microfine Toothbrush Regular Size, Pack of 5||Check Price|
1. Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, HX6631
- Sonic tech delivers up to 3100 brush strokes per minute—safe and gentle on orthodontics, dental work, veneers, and implant material
- Health Rechargeable works gently and to improve gum health up to100% better than a manual toothbrush
- An ergonomic, easy-to-grip handle that has three intensity settings for greater comfort. The intensity settings allow you to choose the brushing mode that suits your current brushing needs
- The brush head features a cup-shaped profile to deliver a gentle, and cleaner teeth and gums
- It has a blue reminder bristle which signals when it is time to replace the brush head. The snap-on design makes it easy to switch it out
- It has a Quadpacer and Smartimer features to assure you brush adequately and evenly — no over-brushing or under-brushing
- It comes with a two-color battery charge indicator that lets you know when it is time to recharge the battery
- It is a bit
- No pressure sensor to alert you when you’re brushing too hard
2. Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush, WP-900
Waterpik Complete Care is more than just a toothbrush. It combines water pressure and pulsation to deliver a superior technology that cleans deep between teeth and below the gum line to remove the hidden stubborn bacteria.
- A combination of toothbrush and water flosser perfect for anyone with braces, implants, crowns, or periodontal pocket
- Ease of use. It only demands you to fill the reservoir with water, points the tip at your gumline, and brush or floss. If your teeth are sensitive, fill Waterpik Complete Care with warm water, or add mouthwash
- This combination of water flosser and a sonic toothbrush is clinically proven to remove plaque by 99% from the treated
- It is 50% more effective in improving gum health, and it is 159% more effective than the manual toothbrush
- The brush removes plaque from places a typical mechanical toothbrush cannot reach
- Appropriate for sensitive teeth too
- It sounds like a muffled while it works
- It is not readily portable
3. Oral-B Genius X 10000 Electric Toothbrush
- The toothbrush with a near-to-perfect pressure sensor designed from the brushing behavior learned from thousands of humans and instantly recognized your brushing style to give you daily personal coaching to cover all areas evenly, with the right amount of pressure for the right time
- It comes with advanced Bluetooth technology to connect it to the Oral-B app your phone, to give you access to professional dental hygiene guidance and statistics
- What’s more, the toothbrush comes with a rechargeable handle, 3 brush heads, a charger, and a travel case that can charge your toothbrush and smartphone.
- It is the number one toothbrush recommended by dentists worldwide.
- Comes with built-in timer and spacer
- Utilizes Bluetooth and AI technology
- The Oral-B app gives you extensive reports on your brushing session
- The only problem is that it is pricey.
- It might require you to carry your smartphone to the bathroom as Bluetooth is a short-range connection
4. GUM 516 Technique Sensitive Care Toothbrush- Full – Ultra Soft (3 Toothbrushes)
- This manual toothbrush combines the unique patented Quad-Grip handle, Dome Trim Bristle design with the ultra-soft bristle that is gentle on gums but effective on removing plaque.
- The Bristle tufts are arranged in two angles, which helps in coverage. Unlike any other brush, the toothbrush covers a wide area without causing any bleeding on the gums.
- Aptly suit people with sensitive
- Relatively affordable
- Portable and you can use it anywhere
- Effective in removing plaque
- No built-in timer
5. Nimbus Microfine Toothbrush Regular Size, Pack of 5
- It comes with extra-fine bristles that reach into critical areas with the softness you desire and effectiveness coupled with shorter, fine support bristles to enhance optimum plaque removal
- The microfine toothbrush uses a multi-tufted, soft-bristled technology mounted on a comfort-engineered handle. The long tapered and short end-rounded extra-fine, flexible bristle cleans the hard-to-reach places gently and effectively
- Each unit is individually wrapped for better performance
- Suits sensitive and receding gums
- Gentle and complete plaque removal
- Comfortable and easy to brush
- Not as effective as an electric toothbrush
- Manual brushing can be harsh for a person with gum disorder
If you brush your teeth regularly and properly, you could live longer. That’s not an exaggeration.
Our oral hygiene can affect our general health. And if you have any gum disorder, an appropriate toothbrush will help keep your oral hygiene checked.