Everybody has some facial hair, even if it may seem like they don’t. If you are burdened with darker hair on your face, you definitely understand the struggle of trying to find the best hair-removal product that won’t leave you with dry skin after use. Luckily, there are excellent methods to eliminate unwanted hair without damaging your skin.
This is where a facial epilator will come in handy! It is a facial hair remover that can be used to help remove unwanted hair while leaving you with smooth, radiant skin. In this article, we take a closer look at how to use this very handy hair removal tool and its benefits.
Read on to learn how to use a facial epilator to remove all of those stubborn hairs and get that soft skin you’ve been dreaming of.
What Is a Facial Epilator?
A facial epilator is an electrical device used to remove fine or thicker hair from your skin on any part of your body where it may grow. It is also used by many people as a facial hair removal tool instead of other methods, like shaving, waxing, or using depilatory creams.
A facial epilator works by grasping a bunch of hair at a time and pulling them out from the roots under your skin. It is similar to waxing, but it doesn’t remove the cells from the epithelium.
Using an epilator may hurt a bit, so people prefer to have their hair removed professionally before trying out this device. It does a very effective job of removing them from the hair follicles, which makes it take longer to grow back.
How to Use an Epilator on Your Face
It is vital that you test a facial epilator on a little bit of skin before use, as different skin types require different epilators.
- Ensure that your hair is the right length for the device to remove it; it shouldn’t be too long.
- Trim the hair before you start epilating if it is too long so the device can remove it instead of just cutting it.
- Drag the epilator over the area while keeping your skin taut, so there are no wrinkles.
- Hold the epilator at an angle to the skin and drag it in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Make sure you can determine the direction of growth, which might be difficult as they may grow in different directions.
- Try to determine the direction in which your hair grows by brushing your fingers lightly over your skin.
- Gently put the device against the skin just below the area where you want to remove the hair while holding your skin tight.
- A gentle epilation will help to prevent irritation later and to reduce the time spent on facial epilation.
- Now carefully move the epilator over the area to remove the hair.
- Don’t rush; take your time and slowly move the device over the area.
For detailed instructions, go here. If you are a complete beginner, we recommend watching this video to learn how to correctly use a facial epilator. If you want detailed instructions and a demo, watch the following video on YouTube.
Is It Safe to Use an Epilator on Your Face?
Facial epilators are completely safe to use when removing short or coarse hair from your face, as long as it is done correctly. Even though it is quite easy to remove shorter hair, getting rid of thicker hair may take time and practice.
If used correctly, it will not harm your facial skin and might even be good for you. You can use it on all parts of the body but also on your face, where you have more sensitive skin.
This device is safe to remove all types of hair you may have on your face, whether you have baby hair or even coarse hair. This also means that you can use it on most areas of your face, like the chin, upper lip, sideburns, and between eyebrows.
Benefits of Using an Epilator
There are several benefits to gain from using an epilator to remove hair from the skin of your face. Let’s take a look at these benefits and why you should use this facial hair remover rather than other methods.
It Removes Hair Efficiently
Waxing presses the unwanted hair flat to the skin, making it difficult to remove them all, and it can even lead to ingrown hair. When using a facial epilator, you can easily remove finer or thicker hair with ease and without leaving any stray hair behind.
Facial epilators make it much easier to remove stubborn hairs in one go, leaving you with smooth skin. Even the most stubborn hairs will be removed with this device.
You Have Lasting Smoothness
This facial hair remover has long-lasting results and will leave your skin smooth and hairless for up to four weeks, meaning that you don’t need to regularly go for facial epilation to have hairless and smooth skin.
Because the hair will take much longer to grow back, you will have soft skin for longer, and any regrown hairs will be much finer and softer than before.
Hair Growing Back Will be Less Prominent
The hair growing back after using an epilator will be much less noticeable, which can help reduce facial hair growth in the future, where other methods may cause an increase.
It Is a Gentler Method
Even though you may experience a stinging sensation when using an epilator the first time, it becomes less painful the more you use it.
Some facial epilators, such as the Braun silk-épil, will make this experience as painless as possible.
It Can Be Used With Most Hair Types
The best feature of any epilator is that it can even be used on sensitive skin without causing any damage. If you are a first-time user, it is recommended that you use it while in the bath or while taking a hot shower.
This will help to remove hair with ease while the warm water opens up the pores. It can be used on dry or delicate skin without a problem.
This device can be used for removing vellus hair, baby hair, and even terminal hair like your eyebrows. If you have problems with invisible peach fuzz that causes your makeup to cake, use the epilator to remove the fuzz easily.
An Epilator Can Be Used on Most Parts of the Body
Depending on what type of epilator you have, it is not just meant to be used on the legs. The majority of epilators from famous brands come with attachments designed to be used on the face, such as the Braun face epilator.
This device can also be used to quickly and effectively remove all types of body hair. The Braun 7 7/880 Sensosmart cordless epilator is a great option and is available online, and comes with a range of attachments, such as a small epilator head, a wider head or a narrow head, or a brush head.
You Have Instant Results
While a facial epilator can easily remove short hair, it will also remove hair many times shorter than is the case with shaving. This also means you don’t need to wait for regrowth before removing them.
The results will be quick, effortless, and long-lasting. It can even remove annoying peach fuzz with ease!
Anybody Can Use an Epilator Any Time
This device is not just meant for certain people out there; it can be used by anybody and on any body part. Epilators are ideal for those who are looking for glowing skin all year round and are great for improving skin care.
Anyone who wants the satisfaction of having hair-free facial skin can use this device.
- Exfoliate your skin before and after you use the facial epilator to remove any dead skin cells.
- Avoid using beauty products such as lotions or oils on your face before or after a facial epilation session.
- If you experience irritation, use a soothing lotion or cream designed for that purpose afterward.
- To relieve the initial pain, you should have a pain reliever available; you should not experience much pain.
- You can also use numbing creams or just some baby powder.
- When you are done using the facial epilator, make sure you clean it properly and remove all hair by using the facial brushes that come with the device.
- Take a warm shower for a while before using the epilator to remove dirt and dead skin.
- Ensure you know where all your stray hair is, so you don’t miss a spot.
- You can also remove individual hair if you somehow missed one or more.
Using an epilator to remove the hair from your face may sometimes cause redness and bumpiness on the skin.
- You should not use it on ingrown hair.
- The correct hair removal methods should be used for the best results.
- Not everyone has the same pain threshold; some may find the pain unbearable.
- It is better to avoid a hot shower or a bath after epilating.
Different Types of Epilators
Besides regular epilators, a wide range of popular epilators can be used for many different hair removal applications (most importantly, facial hair removal). Epilators come in different configurations, like those with a slim design or even cordless ones that can be used with rechargeable or disposable batteries. Below is a list of epilators to choose from.
- Body epilators
- Dry epilators
- Wet epilators
- There are different-sized epilators (such as smaller or larger epilators)
- Battery-powered epilators (with rechargeable batteries or disposable ones)
- Corded epilators
- Tweezer head epilators
Facial epilators are extremely popular among beauty bloggers and even the most famous celebrity makeup artist. They can be found in most beauty stores and are incredibly safe to use and will remove the majority of hair and ingrown hair to give you smooth skin. The method for hair removal is relatively easy and can be done in a few simple steps. As long as you use a recommended method of hair removal, you’ll be just fine!