When you finish brushing, you’ve taken a lot of plaque and bacteria off your teeth, but it’s not done yet – these unwanted substances are still on your brush head, and will simply be reintroduced to your mouth the next morning. Moreover, brushes are often put away moist, making the damp and tight spaces between the bristles ideal conditions for harmful agents to multiply.
Toothbrush sanitizers are a device that will kill off the harmful organisms that the brush removes from your teeth. Harmful pathogens and microorganisms that would otherwise reproduce on a brush are exposed to ultraviolet light, stopping the reproduction process and eventually stopping cell function completely.
Read Review: Apagard Premio Toothpaste Review
We’ve picked out the five best below; choose one that suits your specific needs.
|1. eJiasu Toothbrush Holder||Check Price|
|2. Philips Sonicare Flexcare Healthy White UV Sanitizer/Charger||Check Price|
|3. Seasky Portable Deep UV Toothbrush Sanitizer||Check Price|
|4. Linsam UV Toothbrush Holder||Check Price|
|5. Dr. Tung’s Snap-On Toothbrush Sanitizer||Check Price|
1. eJiasu Toothbrush Holder
This takes the top spot for one main reason – the extreme portability that it offers the user. Weighing just seven ounces and not much larger than the average brush, this case is a convenient solution to brush contamination wherever you go.
- Timedd cleaning cycle for different levels of contamination
- Automatic shutoff means no need to unpack a purse or bag
- Extremely compact and portable
- Rigid case protects toothbrush and during travel
This product is hugely convenient, with a tiny size and exceptionally efficient cleaning cycle.
The internal wiring is fragile enough that there can be some issues with reliability, especially if the case is dropped or cracked.
- Shuts down automatically
- Easy to carry
- Effective cleaning
- Many positive reports
- Wiring and lights can be faulty
- Case is brittle
2. Philips Sonicare Flexcare Healthy White UV Sanitizer/Charger
Philips has long been a trusted name in home electronics, and once again delivers a reliable companion around the home. This sanitizer station can clean two brush heads at once, and has a sleek exterior that will add a modern touch to the decor.
- Cleans two brush heads at once
- Activates with a simple push of a button
- Internal reflectors ensure even ultraviolet distribution
- Automated shutoff saves power
This product is a sturdy and effective sanitizer that cleans two brushes at once of above ninety-nine percent of the debris on them.
This product has been reported to come with low-power or faulty ultraviolet lamps and to emit an unpleasant noise when activated.
- Good for couples
- Attractive exterior
- Full sanitization
- One-touch activation
- Automated shutoff
- Whines when in use
- Ultraviolet lamps are low-quality
3. Seasky Portable Deep UV Toothbrush Sanitizer
This model has an outright tiny footprint, enclosing just the brush head to save power and space. An added advantage of this design is how versatile it makes the cleaner; with only the bruh head to sanitize, specialized or electric brushes can be cleaned as well.
- Shorter cleaning cycle than most other models at only three minutes
- Small enough to slip into nearly any pocket or luggage
- Light is closer to the brush head for better cleaning
- Mercury-free light is more powerful and reliable than alternatives
This small and powerful sanitizer saves maximum space while still offering the cleaning action of larger models.
The small size of this unit makes it exceptionally easy to misplace, often forcing buyers to get another.
- Fits any brush
- Extremely portable
- Powerful cleaning for size
- Better ultraviolet bulb
- USB chargeable
- Easy to lose
- Only one brush slot
4. Linsam UV Toothbrush Holder
This sanitizer is aimed at the whole family, with multiple slots for cleaning several brushes at once.
- FDA-approved plastic construction is certified free of harmful chemicals\
- Automatic activation that even children can use
- Holds up to five toothbrushes at once
- Can hold and sanitize other hygiene implements as well
This product has a roomy five brush slots and easy activation that makes it a family-friendly solution to bacterial formation.
The product is wall-mounted, and so is even less portable than other stationery models.
- Cleans several brushes
- Automated cycle
- Plug or battery option
- Child safe lid
- Vertical holder prevents moisture buildup
- Fixed in place
- Longer cleaning cycle than most
5. Dr. Tung’s Snap-On Toothbrush Sanitizer
This device exchanges ultraviolet light for a vaporizing cleanser that eliminates the need for electricity and concerns about breaking the electronics.
- Fits any kind of brush, and into any space where a standard brush cap would go
- No electronic components of any kind, as the cleaning is chemical
- Cleanser packets are easily replaceable
- Packed in sets of up to six to accommodate the family
Dr. Tung’s offers a solution to toothbrush contamination that requires no plugs, batteries, lights, or extra space.
The cleanser packets will need to be replaced periodically, and can cause mildew if neglected.
- Clamshell design fits any brush
- No electricity needed
- Chemical cleaning removes germs
- Freshening aroma
- Easily replaceable
- Not as durable as an electric model
- Needs to be refilled
The holders above will all help keep your brush clean after use, whether a heavier stationary model or a lightweight case that you can toss into a carryon. As a matter of preference, single-brush cases are recommended.
Keeping multiple brushes together can block the ultraviolet light from reaching all parts of each one, and runs a serious risk of cross-contamination between users.