Shark’s Rapido GI468 Lightweight Electronic Iron is a light professional iron suited for effortless vertical and horizontal steaming and ironing of clothes, fabrics or any flat surface fabrics. Despite being light, it has powerful steam. Its electronic temperature control adjusts the heat for any type of fabric. Its quick-heat up technology remove the wrinkles from fabrics easily.
Read Related Article: Shark Lightweight Professional Steam Iron (GI305)
What Comes in the Box?
You’ll get 1 x stainless steel Shark Rapido G1468. It weighs 3.2 pounds and measures 12 x 5 x 6 inches.
Product Features and Technical Details
- 8.5” premium stainless-steel soleplate that distributes heat equally.
- Self-cleaning mode for easy cleaning.
- Intelligent adjustable temperature settings for different fabrics.
- Multi-position automatic shut off if left idle for 7 minutes.
- LED light display.
- Anti-calcium filter
- Anti-drip features
- 8-foot cord
Awarded a Good Housekeeping Seal, the Shark Rapido GI468 is durable and has countless satisfied customers around the world.
We were certainly impressed with the steam power, but didn’t like the fast auto shut-off feature. It makes it much more difficult to use this product while crafting, for example. If you leave the room to get something, by the time you get back it’ll already have switched off. Not ideal!
- Soleplate provides equal heat distribution.
- Glides nicely enough.
- Hassle-free self-cleaning mode.
- Good for travel (though not as good as the SteamFast SF-717)
- It is labelled with California Proposition 65 Warning that says this product contains chemicals that can cause cancer and birth defects.
- We didn’t like the fact that the water tank leaks and the steam takes forever to heat up.
Who Should Buy this Product?
The GI468 is for those who have sensitive or arthritic hands who want their ironing needs done fast and easy.
Conclusion and Recommendation
It’s a very polarizing product. Some love it, some hate it.
If you’re one of the former, you’ll appreciate its build quality, weight, and performance. If you’re one of the latter, you’ll find it too small and be annoyed at some of the features.
Read Another Related Article: Singer Expert Finish 1700 Watt Anti-Drip Steam Iron Review
Last Updated on June 30, 2020