Promising a perfect ironing experience, the Hamilton Beach 19803 Steam Iron comes with a handy retractable cord, 3-way auto shutoff, and Durathon soleplate.
These nonstick soleplates are up to ten times more durable than traditional non-stick surfaces.
So, the makers claim to offer superior ironing speed and agility – how do their claims stack up in the real world? Let’s dive in.
Read Related Article: Hamilton Steam Iron (Model 19900) Review
What Comes in the Box?
You’ll get 1x Hamilton Beach Steam Iron 19803 with retractable cord. It comes in chrome and violet and weighs 3.2 pounds.
Product Features and Technical Details
- 25 percent more steam power than other models
- Self-Cleaning Mode
- Anti-scratch technology
- 3-way shut-off feature
- Retractable cord
- Anti-drip technology
- Powerful steam plus smooth gliding lets you iron out wrinkles fast and easily.
- Great on a low budget as it’s very affordable.
- One of the country’s top sellers with many happy customers.
- The features (retractable cord etc) are very welcome.
- Shaped tip lets you get into nooks and crannies.
- Settings, power, and consistency make it good for quilting (and similar hobbies).
- As with all steam products, you get some spitting.
- Some people find the shape quite cumbersome (though most modern irons are made the same way).
- The cord ends up being a bit of a nuisance for left-handed people.
Conclusion and Recommendation
This affordable steam iron is a fine choice if you’re looking for a good budget option. (If you have the money, check out our review of a more powerful Rowenta model.)
The retractable cord is a nice feature, one that sets it apart from its sibling, the Hamilton Beach 19900.
Read Another Related Article: PurSteam Dual-Pro Review
Last Updated on June 30, 2020