- Our Top Picks
- 1. MAX-T 7109 Rechargeable Wet/Dry Rotary Electric Shaver
- 2. Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
- 3. Andis 17150 Pro Foil Lithium Titanium Foil Shaver
- 4. Panasonic Arc4 Electric Razor
- 5. FLYCO Electric Shavers for Men
- 6. Philips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver
- 7. Philips Norelco S9721/89
- 8. Gillette Gillettelabs Heated Razor Starter Kit
- Final Verdict
Ladies can all agree that sometimes, women’s products for shaving just aren’t cutting it. Whether it’s an (electric) razor, an electric shaver, or even women’s shaving cream. To compensate, we often turn to men’s products instead. Since there is an overload of possibilities and products to choose from, it is hard to judge which would be the best fit for our needs. If you are also in search of the best men’s electric razor for women’s legs, keep reading to go through a selection with the best reviews, so that you don’t have to pursue the search for it by yourself.
Our Top Picks
1. MAX-T 7109 Rechargeable Wet/Dry Rotary Electric Shaver
A budget-friendly electric razor with rotating blades and a 4 direction floating head. Wireless shaving is an option through the USB charger. It also comes with a built-in LED light that displays 5 different stages in order to indicate the current battery percentage. The waterproof system allows for a shaving experience in or outside of the shower, with shaving gel, shaving creme, or solely water.
- Low price for high performance
- Option for wireless or wired shaving
- Gentle and smooth on the skin
- Simple to use
The low price immediately makes this razor attractive, but the best part is that you actually get your money’s worth, as it is long-lasting and the battery life is great too. The combination of wireless shaving and the fact that the product is waterproof is perfect for shaving your legs in the shower or bath.
It’s simple to use and easy to clean, meaning that even if you are in a rush you will still have enough time.
There might, however, be some drawbacks. Because of the low price, in some cases, the battery life of the product will quickly decline. In other cases, parts of the product might be weaker than others and will deteriorate quicker than others, leaving you with a razor that stops working after a few months of usage. These are risks that are simply present when dealing with any budget-friendly device.
- Long-lasting battery life
- Very simple to use
- Easy to clean
- Battery decline after a few months of usage
- Some parts might be weaker and will deteriorate
2. Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
A bit pricier, but still on offer. This men’s electric razor aims for accuracy and precision. The built-in mechanism detects the density of the hairs and will adjust the technique according to the formation of the hairs. The pivoting head allows for maximum coverage as well as 14,000 cuts per minute. The product is waterproof and it is wireless, with an indication of how much battery is left.
- Extreme precision
- The mechanism adjusts to the hairs
- 10 stages to indicate battery percentage
- Waterproof and wireless for both in and out of the shower shaving
Even though this product is priced higher, the immaculate precision that it provides compensates for it. Originally designed for beards, it is perfectly appropriate for shaving legs as it will detect the density of the hairs and adjust its own technique; the only thing you have to do is move it.
The waterproof option allows you to use it whilst in the bath or shower, and the battery indicator will let you know exactly when you need to charge it again.
There seems to be a malfunction with the battery and cooling system of the device. There have been a few cases where the battery will completely die down in a matter of weeks. In other cases the cooling system will shut off, meaning the razor will constantly be hot and thus very uncomfortable or even impossible to use.
- Offers high-end precision
- Detects the density of hairs and adjusts accordingly
- The waterproof option allows for in and out of shower use
- 10 levels of battery percentage indication
- Offers high-end precision
- Detects the density of hairs and adjusts accordingly
- The waterproof option allows for in and out of shower use
- 10 levels of battery percentage indication
3. Andis 17150 Pro Foil Lithium Titanium Foil Shaver
A classic model, averagely priced; this shaver is a recommended pick by barbers. Provided with a lithium-ion battery, the device serves with maximum power. It is wireless and provides about 80 minutes of running time before having to charge again. The shaver is made with carefully picked out gold titanium hypoallergenic foil to ensure it is safe to use on all skin types. The device itself weighs a little under 5 oz.
- Safe to use for all skin types including sensitive skin
- Quiet yet powerful
- The design allows for a close, yet irritation-free shave
Recommended by barbers, this razor places a lot of focus on ensuring the safety of the skin. The hypoallergenic foil ensures the safety of all skin types, it will not harm sensitive skin nor will it cause irritation. A full charge provides 80 minutes of use, meaning more than enough time to shave your legs.
Even though it pays a lot of attention to not harming the skin, this razor might not be perfect for shaving legs. The head part of the machine does not rotate or pivot, perhaps not providing full coverage.
The machine is wireless but it is not waterproof, meaning that it can not be used in the shower, and even outside the shower one should be careful using it and avoid contact with water.
- Recommended by professionals
- Prioritizes safety of the skin
- A full charge is 80 minutes of usage
- Weighs very little
- No rotation or pivoting at the head of the machine
- The device is not waterproof so not possible to use in the shower
4. Panasonic Arc4 Electric Razor
One of Panasonic’s best-rated razor items. Accompanied with 4 ultra-sharp, stainless steel nanotech blades, as well pivoting heads. The razor includes an integrated pop-up trimmer and is entirely waterproof.
The machine fully charges in an hour and allows up to 45 minutes of shaving time. Cleaning the razor requires a simple process of rinsing it with some water under the tap.
- Indicator showing shave timer, battery life, and a cleaning reminder
- Equipped with a motor ensuring 13,000 cuts per minute
- Able to be used wet or dry
- Flexible, rotating heads allowing for detailed shaving
Reasonably priced, this razor is rated one of the best from the Panasonic line. The rotating heads as well as the 4 ultra-sharp blades allow for absolute precision whilst shaving anywhere, not just the face.
The machine being entirely waterproof allows for in-shower use, it is also very easy to clean by just rinsing it underneath some water. The device will fully charge in just one hour and will allow for 45 minutes of shaving time when it is full; more than enough to get past every detail.
On the other hand, it is possible for the battery life to deteriorate rather quickly. Not only this but in some cases, when fully charged, the razor’s battery might die midway through the shaving process.
- One of Panasonic’s best razor products
- Quick and easy to clean with just water
- 4 stainless steel, ultra-sharp blades for maximum performance
- A 1-hour charge for a full battery
- Risky battery life
- Potential for the battery to die halfway through shaving
5. FLYCO Electric Shavers for Men
Probably, one of the cheapest on the market, and perhaps one of the most modern-looking. This electric razor comes with 3D floating heads and precision blades; it also offers pop-up trimmers for a trustworthy, close shave.
Entirely waterproof, the top of the machine is detachable in order for it to be cleaned properly. The LED screen shows the available battery percentage. A quiet yet powerful razor.
- One of the cheapest available razors
- Aesthetically pleasing overall
- Adopts the anti-pinch technology, where the skin is not pulled or hurt
- Steel blades that are self-sharpening making the product durable
Not only does this product look nice because of the vibrant violet color, it also takes care of your skin. With the anti-pinch technology, it ensures that the skin is not pulled, allowing for a pain-free shaving experience leaving nothing but a smooth surface.
The self-sharpening steel blades will make the product more durable, as you won’t have to replace the blades yourself as often. The product is entirely waterproof and wireless, able to be charged using a simple USB charger.
However, the product might appear to be too gentle. Because of the carefulness put behind the anti-pinching technique and the floating heads, the razor might not cover the hairy areas as thoroughly as needed, with the idea to not harm the skin.
- Extremely budget-friendly
- A powerful motor which does not produce a lot of noise<
- An anti-pinching technique in order to remain gentle on the skin
- Self-sharpening steel blades to ensure durability
- Too gentle and careful on the skin; does not get the job done
- Breaks down easily
6. Philips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver
An electric razor that can groom any length of hair, and contains replaceable blades which can last up to 4 months. The dual-sided blades allow for optimum precision and accuracy. The device moves along with the surface it is on, making sure to cover all surface area.
It is wireless and delivers 45 minutes of shaving time after an 8-hour charge. The machine is entirely waterproof and easy to clean by rinsing it underwater.
- Grooms any length of hair
- The mechanism moves along with your skin, covering all needed areas
- The dual blades allow for precision and full coverage
- It does not shave too close to not irritate the skin
A decently priced and decently sized machine that very accurately resembles a razor. Because the shave itself is not too close this product is ideal for a 2 to 3-day hair growth groom. Because the device moves along the surface area it is placed on, there is no pulling or pinching, and leaves the finished skin to remain smooth. Having this waterproof product also allows for shower usage and cleaning.
The material that this razor is made of tends to break down after a certain amount of uses. The fact that the shave is not too close doesn’t fully allow for proper hair removal anywhere else on the body than on the face, it will require a few times going back and forth. The 8-hour charging time is rather lengthy.
- The shave is not too close to not irritate the skin
- Compact size and low price of the product
- Entirely waterproof and easy to clean through rinsing
- The device is made from fragile materials and breaks down easily
- The product doesn’t get rid of hairs on the body as thoroughly
7. Philips Norelco S9721/89
Highly-priced, this razor is designed for a close shave. Each of the shaving heads moves in 8 different, independent directions in order to allow full coverage of the surface area. It also comes with three different speed settings; slow, medium, and fast. A full battery allows 60 minutes of shaving time, whilst the display shows the battery percentage that is left.
- One of the most advanced razors
- The improved movement covers up to 20% more hairs
- SmartClean Plus cleans, lubricates, and dries the device
- The blades are able to capture each hair, regardless of length
With this razor, you truly get what you pay for. It covers a significantly larger amount of hair than other razors, regardless of the length of the hair. The cleaning system of this device is what really sets it apart from others and ensures maximum hygiene. The battery takes less than an hour to fully charge, or even 5 to 10 minutes if it’s urgent for just one shave.
As for the limitations of this product, there aren’t many but there are some. The self-cleaning feature does not always cover everything, it is usually required to take the device apart and do a manual clean up. It can also be argued that the device simply costs too much for a razor.
- The improved mechanism allows for 20% more coverage
- Blades are able to capture hair of any length
- Less than an hour required to fully charge the battery
- 3 different speed setting depending on preference
- Highly-priced; not accessible to everyone
- The self-cleaning program does not always do a proper job
8. Gillette Gillettelabs Heated Razor Starter Kit
An original product, the heated razor. The device heats up in a matter of seconds to better the shaving experience and provides continuous warmth. Waterproof, it is usable in and out of the shower. The phrase “starter kit” entails that once this product is purchased, you receive the razor handle that heats up, 2-5 blades, and the wireless charging dock station. A full charge provides about 6 shaves.
- Entirely original device; it stands out
- The warmth on the skin allows for an enjoyable experience
- The charging dock is easy, magnetic, and wireless
- Completely waterproof
Not only does this product heat up, but you can adjust the temperature yourself to fit your needs and wants. The heat avoids razor burns and ensures the safety of the skin. Simple and smooth to use, the high-quality blades last for a long time and allow for a close shave. The sleek packaging and overall look make this a very stylish product.
In terms of drawbacks, this product’s price range is quite high, so it will not be accessible to everyone. In order for the product to properly do its job, you have to slowly go through the hairs, otherwise, it won’t be effective, so it is probably not ideal if you are in a rush. Lastly, the refills for the blades are rather pricey too.
- The razor heats up in a second and the temperature is adjustable
- Wireless docking station
- Waterproof for use in the shower and easy cleaning
- High-quality blades that don’t leave razor burns or irritation
- The price of the product is high and the refills are costly
- Not recommend using if you are in a rush or want to get it done quickly
To summarize, even when looking at this small sample of 7 electric razors, it is hard to make a decision on which one is the best; let alone making this decision based on all-male electric razors in the market. However, we have a small advantage, which is that we are trying to find the best male electric razor specifically for women’s legs.
There are a few things to take into consideration seeing as we have an aim in mind for this product. We need to ensure that it is: able to cover different lengths of hair, considering that women’s leg hair is structured differently than facial hair; that it is waterproof, to allow usage in the shower and bath, and to allow for easy and simple cleaning; and that it is proven gentle to the skin, as we want to avoid any irritation, scarring, or pain. A bonus would be that the price of the product is considered to be average.
Taking these factors into account and looking at the provided list, we can conclude the following:
Product #1 seems to tick all the boxes, and it is also low on the price scale. However, the battery seems to have a short life span, as well as there is the possibility of parts of the machine breaking down; it can be considered too risky.
Product #2 is a bit more pricey but nothing too extreme. The benefit lays in the mechanism that detects the density of the hairs and adjusts accordingly. This seems extremely appropriate for shaving legs as the user won’t have to adjust any settings themselves. The downside to this product is that there have been cases where the cooling system has broken down, meaning the razor remains hot and this is uncomfortable to use.
Product #3, even though recommended by barbers, it is really not suitable for shaving legs. Firstly, it is not waterproof, so it already limits the usage in the shower, bath, or sink. Secondly, the head of the razor does not pivot so it won’t cover as much surface area as other products might.
Product #4 is one of Panasonic’s best items. This machine has pivoting heads as well as 4 stainless steel blades. And the best part, it fully charges within one hour and gives you 45 minutes of shaving. Of course, it is also entirely waterproof. There is however a risky battery life.
Product #5 stands out because of the vibrant color and the low price. It adopts the anti-pinch technology, ensuring that the skin doesn’t get pulled and doesn’t get hurt. However, the product seems to be too gentle and it doesn’t actually get rid of the hair as it should, meaning it is probably not advisable for shaving legs.
Product #6 resembles a classic razor, it has dual blades and does not shave close in order to avoid irritating the skin. It leaves the skin to remain smooth because the device moves along with the surface area, however, the material of the razor breaks down quickly and the charging time for a full battery is eight hours.
Product #7 is one of the highly-priced ones, with 4 pivoting heads that individually move in 8 different directions. The improvements in the mechanism allow it to cover 20% more surface area than other razors, giving it a big advantage. The self-cleaning system does not always properly work, meaning you would still have to take it apart and clean it yourself.
Lastly, Product #8 stands out completely as it is a heated razor, which takes one second to get warm. This allows for a smooth finish and a soothing feeling on the skin. It is also rather pricey. The refills of the blades are also expensive, and it is not recommended to use if you are in a rush.
Out of these options, Razor #4 seems to be the best women’s electric razor for women’s legs. It is rated one of the best Panasonic items, it fully charges in only one hour, and it has fewer risks than the other products, and it is also affordable.
Can I use men’s electric razors on women’s legs?
Yes, generally you can use men’s electric razors on women’s legs. Of course, when you try it the first time you should be careful.
I have sensitive skin, what is my best option?
A lot of people face this issue. The best option is to not go for the cheapest electric razor; it is common for these to pull the hairs and irritate the skin.
Do electric razors need shaving cream?
No, they do not. It will probably give you better results if you use shaving cream if it is a wet and dry razor.
Can I share my electric razor with someone else?
Generally, electric razors are meant for personal use only. This does not mean that something bad will happen if you do, it is just recommended not to.
Do electric razors cause ingrown hairs?
Electric razors are better options than regular razors when it comes to ingrown hairs. If you exfoliate regularly, it shouldn’t be a problem.